Best Inexpensive Subwoofer

SVS, HSU, Outlaw Audio, Aperion are some of the current manufacturers of fairly inexpensive subs.

I'd like to get a consensus on what AGon'ers think is the best of these subs.
worldwide
Bob,

I've used 3 different room measurement systems. By far, the Velodyne SMS-1 yields the best, most consistent, and to my ear (although I'm comfortable making such judgements only from above 60ish hz) most accurate results. Many people would agree that 5db or so in rise is useful in the deepest bass. "Not quite" ruler flat means a gentle rise below 50hz to app +2 or 3db at 25 hz. With organ music (my test for this region), the gentler rise "feels" better TO ME than what you suggest at my normal listening level. Again, I'd be the first to acknowledge that others might side with you on this one.

Marty
have you considered used? i recently picked up a Velodyne HGS-15x Ultra II very reasonably, and have been extremely impressed with it's performance. it's the first sub i've owned, but i demoed Martin Logan, REL, and the newer Velo's and i don't feel the older Velo is wanting for much.

-Scott
I would like to buy a Vandersteen 2WQ, but the in-line crossover won't work with my speakers because they are active with a built-in preamp.

The Vandersteen crossover is designed to go in between a preamp/power amp.

The Vandersteen seems to be more for music than a lot of newer HT subs.
Post removed 
Post removed