Best SS amp for Zu Druid Mk IV speakers

Down-sizing and want low cost Solid State option that I can leave on all the time - I know its sad
128x128saffy
Saffy it's the nature of the 'gon beast. I am sorry though, but I couldn't resist. I'll try to STFU. That wasn't, however, one of my New Year's resolutions...lol..
Atmashpere, are you saying that my Bel Canto SET 40 (35wpc) will give me more dB than 116 with a 30 ohn version? Sending my Defs round trip to Utah, and the cost to modify the Defs to 30 ohm, may not be worth it. I don't have a clue how expensive that conversion would be. Thanks so much for the info, though. It would be a tease if I got 119dB. 122? --- a sure thing.
Maybe you would email me on this so I don't clog up saffy's thread with my stuff? thanks
The Definition is rewired by putting the drivers in series rather than parallel. It should not be all that expensive. Your Bel Canto will have an easier time with the high impedance- it should sound better with more extension- low impedances are not easy for tubes or transistors- they both sound better driving high impedances.

So this is a very good argument for the First Watt as well, which IMO is almost the only game in town if you want transistors for this speaker, or any other high efficiency speaker for that matter.
Im using a Nuforce IA-7 with my Druids, and am very happy with the results. THe Nuforce hasd great control over the bass.
Atmashphere, what about the dB level? Figure my Definitions are putting out 116db, now. Will I get a higher spl? Thanks again.
Hi (Bill) Audiofeil. I know you are a Zu dealer and wonder why you haven't answered my questions regarding the Zu products, particulary since I emailed you on the aside. Anyway how 'bout this one? Will Zu mod my Defs to Atmasphere's recommendation? How much will it cost? I would love to have an answer to my original question, as well. thanks again.
best,

warren