Eggleston Andra IIIs at CES

Has anybdy had an opportunity to hear these speakers? Interested in how/if the new carbon fiber midwoofers improve the sound.
westborn
Why oh why would they go to that ugly side aluminum add on with the screw holes showing ????
If they wanted to cut cost on the granite sides all they needed to do is drop the granite and make it all high gloss.
Hope the sound is an improvement, the looks sure are not.
Ozzy,

I must say that I agree with your assessment on the looks. I don't mind aluminium side panels, as long as they are the entire side. (I previously had the Revel Studios, with the gloss black body, and the aluminium side panels, and I always liked their looks. It was modern, but a tasteful modern, IMHO.) This looks kind of like a patchwork design to be honest.

In addition, I don't like the aluminium frame (supporting the drivers), on the face of the speaker either, as it will show up through the grills. (I prefer the looks of the Andra II with the grills on actually, as the drivers are invisible once the grills are on. And since the grills are so thin, they don't afffect the sonics, at least not in my opinion anyway.)

I wonder if they will have an upgrade program to go from the Andra II to the Andra III, like they did for Andra I owners who wanted to upgrade to the Andra II? (I would consider it if I could keep the cabinet as it currently is designed, and just upgrade the drivers.)