Eggleston Andra IIIs at CES

Has anybdy had an opportunity to hear these speakers? Interested in how/if the new carbon fiber midwoofers improve the sound.
westborn
No I have always wanted a pr of Andra's, but like a dummy I bought a pr of Montana XPS and never was pleased, No low end and I mean NONE! No matter where I place them just couldn't get any tight deep bass from them.
The Highs where so bright and edgy I started thinking it was my equipment. Well that sure is gone with the Andra III's. The highs are so sweet and clear, cymbals sound like they should, the sound stage is much wider and deeper, but the bass is to die for. It is so punchy, that you can feel the pedal slamming into the bass drum! Just like your in front of it.
Only had them up two days now but I think they will just get better once the drivers loosen up.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vhome&1191614384&openmine&zzVx700&4&5#Vx700

photos posted new changes coming soon going back to tubes again
I was just at Egglestons factory this weekend and saw a pair of Andra III's in all black. They looked like an exqusite racing machine, like a triple black Ferrari. They were definitely impressive. The bass response was definitely a little more integrated than the Andra II's. I have owned just about every speaker in the line. These definitley look and sound awesome. So much so that the pair of Ivy's they are making for me are being modified after the new all black Andra III's.
Hey Vip428
Those where probably mine! I originally order all black with black anodized aluminum- at the last minute because I have always had piano black, we changed to the Gray metallic with Mil Alum trim!

No regrets either way for me I lovem' they rock like no tomorrow. And I almost bought a pr of Wilson 8's in Ferrari Red. Send me a photo when you get yours please!
as an owner of the andra-2's, and having heard even better sound (albeit from MUCH more expensive speakers), i believe strongly in the midrange update. the original mid's could be and are used as woofers as well as midrange drivers, so something built specifically to resolve the midrange frequencies is obviously preferable. but as for the new cosmetics, i can either take it or leave it. as for the price increase, again i would much rather pay to have the new mids dropped into the andra-2's (along with any crossover changes) and save money, if such were possible. i somewhat doubt the new tweeters can be much better (if at all) from the esotar tweeters in the a-1 and a-2. btw, i had already replaced the andra-1 woofers, whose foam surrounds started to decay, with new "butyl" surrounds. this really jacked up not only the bass performance but also midrange clarity (quite alot). So, in conclusion, perhaps eggleston might be benevolent enough to provide an upgrade especially given the E-word (the economy).