Widening Soundstage

Question for the Audiophile Experts

How do I go about widening my soundstage without moving my speakers further apart
I like the imaging i'm getting but want a bit more air in the music
Any ideas how to proceed
Check out my systems page for details on positioning and equipment
musicfile
clio09,
every tweeter has a different radiation pattern. from what i could see the speakers mf has have a soft dome tweeter. most if not all soft domes are designed to be hotter on axis to present a wider radiation pattern off axis. imho, they sound better off directly on axis and usually have flatter response this way too. toed in to the listener brightest and most focused in the hf with a more compressed perspective of depth. toed out to the right and left of the listener better broadband focus and a more continuous sound with a wider stage. vastly superior layering too.
try this for yourselves.
my speakers come with a 10% off axis alignment tool.
best,
b
Wow Thanks for the input ..I have a bit of reading to do

First off I've been experimenting with various speaker postioning and found the following

Posioning the speakers with no toe in definitely widens the soundstage but at the expense of imaging

I have measured the room and it's fairly even for bass response and mid range except for a 12db null at 80hz
The bass from time to time is not as quick as I would like it and would like it a bit tighter

Also, not sure if it's clearly visible in pictures but my staircase to the left really creates an imbalance for imaging expecially since it's so close to the listening positon.

For those reading please come the suggestions coming ln light of the additonal information provided

Yes, I saw the staircase as perhaps the biggest issue.

If all else fails, I still think you should consider trying omnis in that room in particular.
Yes, I saw the staircase as perhaps the biggest issue.

If all else fails, I still think you should consider trying omnis in that room in particular.

I have not heard them, but the new Pennys from Blue Circle might be worth considering. They use an OHM omni Walsh driver and conventional dynamic drivers for the low end. They appear to be fairly small and compact and are designed to go up close to the rear wall. These might work well in particular in that room due to 1) the omni design and 2) the ability to go up against the rear wall for listening at a greater distance when quarters are tight.

They were supposedly debuted at last years Rocky Mountain Audio Fest I read. I'm wondering if anybody heard them there?

Just a thought and something completely different....
"Positioning the speakers with no toe in definitely widens the sound stage but at the expense of imaging "

This supports what Mapman is suggesting. I'll throw in the Gallo Reference 3.1s (or Ref 3.5s coming later this year) as a great imaging speaker. I can tell, this is not an option you want to consider, but there it is.

Did you try toeing your speakers outward. Several of us have suggested it...