sounstage too big bad thing

HI, guys, replaced my MIT spkrs cables this weekend
found a good deal on a pair of XLO signature5, fantastic cable,
very open with weight, and tons of detail, now my problem is,
that the soundstage is so big that is confusing,fills like I'm sitting in the middle of the performers and as I'm concentrating in the music I'felt dissy, same filling you get from flashing lights at the night club, disconnected cables, and whent back to the MIT, less detailed, but now fills I'm listening for a spectator prospective,
any body with similar experience?
juancgenao
Tabl10s: my system

VR/vr4sr.spkrs
juolet Electra 150MK11, preamp
Quick Silver V4, amps
acoustic arts MK1 transport,
Kora Hermes.DAC
XLO sig3 I/c
MIT s1 spkr cable
ASC,acoustic treatment:

the sound is not out of Phase, is just that the sound stage,is overwhelming, believe me when I tell you that after a 1/2,hour listening session fills like just drank two large cup of coffee is like an artificial sound stage
cant' accurately place individual players on stage,
was playing Casandra Wilson,"belly of the sun', and she had two backup singer one on each side of the stage and ther voices felt 6" from my ears very artificial sounding,
like when playing surround sound on HT,
I'm in pursuit of real lifelike sound,
will make an in home audition this weekend with audio friends to get their opinion;
A bigger sound stage may require that you listen farther back than usual.

When done right and listened to from a location with an amicable perspective, it should be a good thing.

There can be more separation between instruments or recording lines and more air and space within the soundstage which helps our ears pick up sonic cues that help flush out details and overtones better.

It can be like enlarging a photograph. With enough resolution to start with and accurate reproduction, patterns and details can be detected by our senses more easily.
Mapman: good point, my listening chair is positioned about,
8 feet from speakers, maybe by moving back 3feet would make a diference, will try that if doesn't work the XLO will have to go, thanks, will post later with results:
It sounds like your new cables have opened up your system. Probably time to rearrange your sweet spot. Without knowing what speakers etc. I wouldn't necessarily move further back. Try different toe in positions. I recently tried crossing over the sweet spot. The left speaker is aiming at my right should and visa versa. I doubt that the cables ruined the rest of your system.
I associate a larger soundstage with increased resolution, always a good thing. I've never heard a too large soundstage, unfocused yes, but increases in depth, height and width have always been positive, the amount of immersion/forwardness can be exasperated by a larger soundstage.

You mention increases in detail, openness with the XLO,based on your description I think it is likely the MIT is failing to reach the full potential of your system in regard to detail and soundstage. I wouldn't give up on the XLO just yet.

Seems you're suffering from an unfocused, forward soundstage, you don't mention height, width and depth being a problem. Your problems with the XLO could simply be exposing issues elsewhere in the system. I've found different isolation schemes can help focus to a large extent, get your equipment off any compliant devices, use spikes and ball bearing devices. You also may have to try different cabling in the rest of your system in order to reduce forwardness. It could also be the XLO will never be synergistic in your system, still, I wouldn't give up on creating a larger soundstage. You can have focus, proper perspective and a large soundstage all in correct proportion, may take some work!