Recommend speakers for a restaurant sound system

My company is opening a restaurant this summer. We want to install a great system that will be rugged enough to stand up to daily use but still deliver a great sound.

The space is 3600 square feet and the ceiling height is 20+ feet. We will be installing a spray on soundproofing system for the ceiling to reduce sound reflection.

I have been underwhelmed by the commercial systems that are sold for commercial applications. Can anyone suggest speaker systems and amplifiers that would deliver great sound?

The systems I have listened to are: (1) too bright, (2) too muddy with a significant loss of detail and (3) total lack of dynamic range.

We don't have an unlimited budget, maybe $5k to $7k for an amp and three sets of speakers.
jkeniley
I have been very impressed with Westlake audio monitors in their ability to fill up any room with superb fidelity sound.

the price is higher than most but if you get a used pair it certainly would be worth it
I have been very impressed with Westlake audio monitors in their ability to fill up any room with superb fidelity sound.

I agree - they are the cat's meow but you are talking mega-bucks to buy even a pair. A modest sized BBSM-6F is like 3K.
What kind of music are you planning to play? That is important to decide the system spec.
One thing I forgot to mention: if you are planning to locate speakers throughout the restaurant space and wire them up to a "central" amp, consider using powered monitors instead. No cable length/timing/impedence issues to worry about, and if you plan it right you can connect the speakers directly to your source. Also, you will have an easier time mixing speaker sizes for different parts of the space (a lounge area, for example, may require less speaker than a main dining room).

Yes, you will need AC drops wherever you plan to locate the speakers, but that is usually no problem. Small monitors from Audioengine and Yamaha, larger units from Definitive Technology, Martin Logan, Meridian and PMC; to name a few.
I have open several restaurants with my father, and we both are into hifi. However, like others said, unless its a club or a dinner theater, nobody is going to care. We normally install w/e ceiling speaker is the cheapest and most efficient.

However, one thing i do notice is that for a typical restureaunt, customers like a soft and warm inviting sound that doesn't disturb their convo or peace time. If it were me, i will purchase those insignia bookshelves and place them all over with parasound zamps. They dislike harsh, bright sound with too much bass.

They are cheap speakers, but the sound from them with a good quality amp is warm and full. It has a reasonable thump to them as well. When I am not listening to my ATCs, i would turn on a pair of insignias just to relax and eat dinner.