Vandersteen 3a and Spendor sp1/2e's

Hi, I currently have the spendor and have come across a pair of the Vandersteens locally, they are mint and I think a good deal at 1200.00
I don't really want to put the guy through the hassles of packing them up and trying them in my room, but I just may. I am hoping that some of you have tried these great speakers and can magically tell me which one I would like best. As that may be hard, I would settle for which ones you liked best. I have a sub with the Spendors and don't feel I am missing any bass, but sometimes I think they could be a bit more detailed?
Any impressions or comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
hanaleimike
After posting, I looked up your system and noted you have a Jolida integrated amp. Just to let you know, the Vandy's do like plenty of power (either tubes or SS). If your room is small, the Jolida MAY be just enough (depending on your listening habits and music choice) but I think more juice would be even better.
Mike your room might be to small for the 3A Sigs they like large spaces!!!!!
As much as I like the Vandy's, after looking at your system w/pics, I have to agree with Krisjan and especially Samhar.
Hey Guys, the room is 25 x 18 with 20ft peak ceilings. The couch is just in the middle of the room with lots of other crap. As far as the Jolida goes, old pictures, went to Cary and now maybe a mc2500, not sure. I found out they are not the signature model, oh well. I am going to pick them up tomorrow morning and try them out for a few days, I think it should be a pretty quick decision though, I am hoping the differences will be obvious. Not having as much luck with the sub intergration with the mac. Although the with the extra power of the Mcintosh, I don't feel as much need for one. Cool.