What is overkill for Vandersteens?

Hi, I recently came into 2 McIntosh mc2500 amps, and I just bought a pair of Vandersteen 3a's. I was going to sell one of the amps, but should I just keep them and run them mono, or is that just ridiculous. How much power do most 3a owner use? I know I can put them in and listen, but they are heavy, and I've already hurt my back, and my 4 year old is no help. It would also bring up other issues (ie. another power cord, explaining to my wife where the chair went to?) I would rather not have to deal with unless everyone tells me I have to do it.

Thanks,
Mike
hanaleimike
You will get better performance with both. Listen before you sell one of them.

Wendell
you already know the single mc2500 is more than capable...however 'anything worth doing is worth over-doing'.
sell the extra one. Of course, try them as mono blocks first, but then sell the extra one and buy something else you don't need but want.

That's a very nice match, BTW, the Vandy's and Mac. I buddy sole his B & W's and bought some 5a's that he matched with some 501 Mac's, it's sweet. Overkill since the Vandy's have built in subs, but the sound is sweet.