USPS Priority Mail

What do you think about using USPS Priority Mail to ship two 50 pound boxes (double boxed, 35 pound speakers) across the country?
usarrn
UPS managed to DESTROY the junction box on my Aries table shipped from VPI without leaving a mark on the outside. At a guess the delivery man threw it off the truck or it had received similar treatment earlier. VPI's packing is about as secure as I have seen. Earlier they managed to knock a corner off a 3" cutting board that was also well packed. UPS's standards appear to have worsened sharply from the period 74-94 when I was last active as a dealer.
"Commcat," your tale bears all the earmarks of an urban legend.
Have you microwaved your cat lately?
I recently found out that Fed Ex delivers mail, from facility to facility - not to their customers, for the USPS. Does this include packages? I do not know. They are under close scutiny by the USPS I am sure when they do this.

Overall I agree that USPS is the way to go.
i try to use usps as much as possible...they dont throw boxes around ,never had a problem with any shipments,plus they are cheaper then the big boys...plus they dont charge to pick up from your house or office...ups charges 5 bucks for pick up..etc...
Always use USPS if you do not mind having your goods damaged. Oh, I know you say that you insure and therefore you are protected. Not true, as USPS claims are never paid. Rip off it is. UPS, not withstanding they a 'rough', has the best claims service that favors the receiver.