USPS Priority Mail

What do you think about using USPS Priority Mail to ship two 50 pound boxes (double boxed, 35 pound speakers) across the country?
usarrn
There's mention in this thread that the US Post Office Priority Mail provides a "2-3 day delivery guarantee". There is not such guarantee. The 2-3 days is strictly a target time for delivery.

In my experience more times than not delivery of Priority Mail takes longer and sometimes considerably longer than the spec'ed 2 or 3 day timeframe. Whenever I have brought this up with the Post Office their response is to use Express Mail if you want a guaranteed delivery time. More or less, Priority Mail is a rip off.

And talking about shippers. I used DHL to ship some old stereo cartridges. Paid extra to insure the contents for about 1/6 of their cost if new. DHL lost the box and refused to pay my claim. After about months of round around and lies from everyone within DHL, they finally agreed to pay. But not for the insured value.

I provided documentation of the retail cost. They said my 1/6 of retail insured value was meaningless. They would but pay my wholesale cost regardless that the insurance contract stated no such thing. After explaining I am a consumer with no access to wholesale, DHL insisted that some business at some time purchased them at a wholesale price, that I had to go back to them and get documentation of that price. How many businesses will provide consumers with documentation of their wholesale costs, especially those that have been out of business for years as was the case with me? Going to the top person at DHL did not help. My resolution was small claims court.
I too like USPS Priority after next day air,mostly the luck of the draw,cheers,Bob
I don't know whether it is true that the packages are mishandled in shipping but I can tell you that the delivery of my packages from the USPS as been atrocious. I finally had to file a complaint with the post office because the postal delivery people were lobbing the packages from a set of stairs onto my porch, from a distance of about 20 feet. I have a small dog that barks and the guy was afraid to approach a closed and locked door. So he just threw the packages. This went on for sometime until I complained directly to the postal service. I have never had this happen with Fedex who is my preferred shipper, cheaper than UPS ground and generally faster too.
Attn: Everyone, you need to listen to TVAD ! He is the designated expert on almost everything on the Gon. Check out the thousands of threads and responses. That's right thousands and climbing. Amazing! Simple Amazing! Go:) TVAD :) Go :):):):)
The scary thing may be, he is just getting started to warm-up. This is like herding up to that broadcast, all news all day, KYW 1060 AM.

I have been using USPS for my professional photography and high-end stereo equipment for eight years to my overseas assignment and never had any damages or issues. Equipment consisted of 70 lbs ea.speakers and 50 lbs amp i.e.

Wig