USPS Priority Mail

What do you think about using USPS Priority Mail to ship two 50 pound boxes (double boxed, 35 pound speakers) across the country?
usarrn
Ckoffend,
If you're trying to convince me that UPS, FedEx and DHL employees care more than USPS employees, I'm afraid I'm not buying it. On any given day, any of these services can screw up badly.
ckoffend,
You seem to have an ideology rather than a fair evaluation of reality.
UPS, Fedex, and DHL treat their workers like shit and the workers know that their jobs depend on ass-kissing and not performance.
If you don't like people who work for the government, next time you're mugged, call a private detective.
i've had fedex damage a package. i've never had usps damage anything. my only qualm with priority mail is it's quite pricey for very heavy items, but you get what you pay for.
A few months ago I mailed a package to Brooklyn using USPS Priority Mail Signature required.

The day of delivery my customer called and was upset the package was left on his front porch. To make a long story short, after a number of conversations with the local Brooklyn postmaster I was told there was nothing I could do and the signature fee was not reimbursible. The delivery employee is not subject to any discipline.

I doubt this would ever occur with UPS and/or FedEx.