good used speaker

I would like to know what would be a good speaker in the used market for 500.00-800.00. I currently use Kef Q65.2 and feel that it is time to upgrade. my system is a meridian 502 preamp, marantz sm17-sa, rotel RCD-975 cd player wired with straight wire maestro interconnects and kimber speaker cable. Any advise would be very helpful. Thank you
128x128peterwayne
I've owned Klipsch Chorus, Fortre, and have a pair of Quartets (I'm not using) and the Quartets have the most clarity of the 3. SPL is 97.5 so most anything will power them. They are a little harder to find, but they sound really good and are good bang for the buck.
first of all, you have a great speaker. even if it were 2k, it would be a great speaker. 5 to 8 hundred bucks is better spent elsewhere.
06-28-09: Jaybo
first of all, you have a great speaker. even if it were 2k, it would be a great
speaker. 5 to 8 hundred bucks is better spent
elsewhere.
Yeah, that was sort of my thought as well.
What are you trying to achieve for $500-800 that you don't think your KEFs
are delivering?

You might find something better for $500-800 if you just happen to stumble
across a drop dead deal at a pawn shop, garage sale, or craigslist, but at
$500-800 on eBay or at used equipment stores, I think you're looking at a
sideways move on average.
If you ever come across a pair of Fried A/6, buy them on the spot. To my ear, they exceed just about anything in the $2500 and under category these days, and compete with most up to about $5000.
i like the kefs, too, but i'm not blown away by 'em--within your price target i personally prefer used monitor audio rs6, meadowlark or focal/jmlab for floorstanders and von schweikert vr1 as a a great full-range monitor.