Speakers for a desktop system

I want to set up a system on top of my desk. Speakers will be about 32 inches apart center to center. placed on each side of my apple monitor about a foot away from the back wall.. I will slide my chair back about 5 feet.

Would like to drive them with a intergrated tube amp. WIll be listening to vocal and jazz mostly.

I have a vincent audio hybrid tube cd player. What tube integrated and speakers would you choose. Does not need to play real loud. I am looking for a great soundstage and warm smooth sound.
daniel825
Post removed 
I've been using a pair of JohnBlue JB3 single-driver monitors in a very similar setup and find them to be absolutely remarkable. The sense of openness and the convincing soundstage are great and the quality of the bass is something I wouldn't have thought possible from a small, single-driver box. They're also very cool looking.

I use them with a NuForce Icon amp and either an Ah! Tjoeb tubed CD player or the MacBook, via USB, as a source.
Budget? Desk space?

How about a tube line stage and powered speakers like the AudioEngines?
Johnnyb53..

Sounds like a good idea.. What would you use for a tube line stage that won't take up to much room on the desk?

Regards,
Dan
07-09-09: Daniel825
What would you use for a tube line stage that won't take up to much room on the desk?
I haven't heard this unit, the Antique Sound Lab Wave Line Preamp, but I've been impressed by other products from their line, and the footprint *is* small.

Although not tube, this Vincent SA-96 is optimized for computer desktop use, and it looks like Audio Advisor has 'em at half price.

I've never been a kit-builder, but the Hagerman Clarinet looks interesting.