Hyperion 938,Emerald,Aurum Cantus,JM reynaud,Gallo

Did anyone compared or heard one of these speakers?
What would you prefer?
So far i love Dynaudio and Spendor becausse of their natural and somewhat relaxed sound.
I yet have to listen to the speakers mentioned above but i love to hear your comments.
rcduck7
I will second the Philojet's recommendation for the JM Reynaud speakers. I have a pair of Offrandes, and I find them to be exceptional; especially in regards to the wide and deep soundstage. It's almost like a third-row concert experience.

To me the Spendors and the Reynauds are in a completely different place in the speaker spectrum - the Spendors I have listened to are very good, but more forward and emphasise the mid-range compared to the Reynauds. I am not a Gallo guy, so I can't comment specifically except to say again that the Gallos and the Reynauds are so different that I would guess that if one works for you you won't like the other.

I use the Offrandes mainly for classical, opera and jazz in a somewhat small room with all tube components. They are even better in a larger but not huge) room. I have also spent a bit of time listening to the current Duets. They share many of the same qualities that I love about the Offrandes; just not as much of it IMHO.
Rcduck, Hyperion is having a summer sale 35% off all new products. I believe it includes the 938 and 968, so the top of line 968 might be within your reach. Couple of customers on the Audiocircle Hyperion owners circle site who has had trouble getting replacement parts for the 938, but they are European customers I believe. See http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=63562.0
This issue of replacement parts should be addressed with your dealer, if you have concerns.

Tube amps sound really good with the 938. Some have raved about the Opera Audio Cyber series mono block amps with the Hyperions.
Today i decided to call a dealer who has JM Reynaud speakers before i go listen to the Hyperions.
The dealer brought his speakers to my home as he was going to be in my neighberhood that day for personal reasons.
These speakers were allready ahead of my wharfedales, they were clear and with space between (acoustic) instruments.
I did still like the mid/low of my wharfy's though as i found the JMR's mid/high was a bit more present... and the Wharfy's were still as musical as the JMR's.
The wharfy's need room to breathe while the JMR's can be close to a rear wall but with more room from the sidewall (sidewalls are most of the time a no go).
As said, the mid/highs on the JMR's were a bit more present which i found uncomfortable at first but this could be becausse im used to the wharfedale sound?
The dealer insured me that with an experiment of cables, speaker placement and a solution of acoustic problems in my room i could counter these issues.
But overall the JMR was a good balanced speaker.
I hope i can imagine tommorow the JMR sound when i go listen to Hyperion in a room that might be different then mine.

Dracule1, thanks for the info about the 35% reduction and service issues.
I might adress this to the dealer but is this for US only residents?
Any link for proof on these reductions?
Price reduction can be seen on their website:

http://hyperionsound.com/

As far as I know, buyers in the US have not had any problem with getting replacement parts as long as they buy from an authorized Hyperion dealer or directly through Hyperion. The audiocircle hyperion owners site has lots of advice on how to tweek and set up the speakers if you go through it.

I have heard Wharfedale speakers in the past. I think you will hear a big difference between your Wharfedale speakers and the Hyperion.
I heard the Hyperion 938's and they were magical!!

I bought them today, finaly my long search for speakers is over! phew.

Taste in sound is personal but if i love them to bits!!