Speaker Switch That Protects Tube Amplifier

A EE friend of mine and I are planning to build a switch box that will allow me to toggle between my Yaqin MC-30L tube amp and my Integra 50.1 receiver to power my speakers.

The current plan is a very basic setup that would require the tube amplifier to be shut down before switching so that it isn't left without a load.

The utopian goal would be to be able to switch between the two amplifiers with a single source feeding both (i.e. the Yaqin has an Apple Express for a source and the Integra has an Apple TV so both could be running from iTunes on my Mac) without risk of damage to the tube amplifier.

I'm assuming that this would be complicated at best and probably isn't worth it, but thought I should as before we purchase parts.
mceljo
Almarq - I was hopeful that you would provide input as I value your opinion. The revised plan is to use the dummy load resistor (a parts express item) on both inputs and also put 150 ohm resistors on both inputs to make it a fail safe design for a tube amplifier. I'd rather not have to keep track of the tube safe input. Each channel will have its own switch because it would take at least a 6P or 8P switch to do what we want.
Al if one uses a break them make switch would the amp not see a load for a moment as it is switched😢?
Marty, note this statement in one of Mceljo's earlier posts:
To bridge the instant between the speakers and the dummy load resistor on the tube amplifier we will also add 150 ohm 5W or 10W resistors on each channel based on the recommendation from the Niles manual that was linked.
And in his most recent post:
The revised plan is to use the dummy load resistor (a parts express item) on both inputs and also put 150 ohm resistors on both inputs to make it a fail safe design for a tube amplifier.
So as I understand the plan neither amp will ever see a load that is lighter than 150 ohms, even for an instant. That seems reasonable to me, although I suppose it would be good practice to not throw the switch when music is playing (since the possibility of damage resulting from having a load that is too light is very small if no signal is present).

Best regards,
-- Al
Beautiful, Al thank you for taking the time to educate me on that point. I appreciate it. Have a good holiday weekend.
My current solution is to have two sets of cables at my speakers that I manually switch depending on the amplifier that I want to use. To this point the tube amplifier has always been shut off (though not always at room temperature) before disconnecting the speakers. The receiver has been used to pass the audio to the TV via HDMI without the speakers connected many times.

My ultimate goal from a fun perspective is to be able to do live A/B switching as any other delay makes it virtually impossible to accurately "remember" what it sound like for comparison. It will likely be a gimmick type of event at first that eventually becomes rare. I

The long-term improvement from a practical standpoint will be that I can have the tube amplifier on for listening, switch to the receiver for watching something with my wife, and then go directly back to the tube amplifier without having to turn it off. As a general rule I don't turn the amp back on until it's cool and because the sound is much better with everything warmed up short power cycled listening just isn't the same.