Why so negative about McIntosh speakers?

It seems that McIntosh speakers receive lots of criticism here on A'Gon. Looking for serious answers why. I still have vintage Mac XR-7s and even they sound rather outstanding coupled with the 107 Environmental Equalizer on my system. Maybe I don't get out much.
sit
All the above comments are quite pertinent on Mac speakers. If you have access to the McIntosh book "For The Love Of Music", their speakers and developement by Roger Russell is quite interesting. I personally have never heard their speakers, but sure would like to. I've owned their electronics since 1978, and I'm very happy with them. Like it was mentioned, if you like what you have, stay with them, and forget any negative babble you read about. Mac has taken quite a few hits over the years, mostly by folks who've never heard their gear.
I'm not a fan of their speakers either.There's a ton of others that I feel the same way about it.Its hard for a company to specialize in everything.Mac tries to.They are best known for their amps,and vintage tuners.Now they claim to make everything in house.No outsourcing.I guess they now make tubes,transistors,capacitors,screws and all!Amazing!Charlie Randall Mac's new top guy grew up with car stereos.He said his first hi-end system was a Mac given to him by Sidney Corderman.He also said he grew up with cassettes,then Cd's.When questioned about vinyl,he said something like I'm not old enough to appreciate that part of it.I have a friend in his 20's that loves vinyl and Cd's.Those questions were asked by TAS,September 2009,issue 195.Here he is on You Tube that looks the same as the Mac site.You Tube Link>>>[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOtaOrXIPrI]
No hate here. I heard their XRT28s a few years back, and still remember just how impressed I was. I guess as others have said, it is all about individual taste...

11-16-09: Newbee
LOL. There are a lot of fine speakers that get tons on criticism in these pages. But since you don't own them and probably haven't heard them, you just assume that it is all warranted.

Newbee, your post seems to be attacking Sit for no reason. Nowhere in his post does he assume that the criticism of other speakers on Audiogon is necessarily warranted. What's up with that?
Foster, thanks for ur defense but I understand Newbee to mean that w/o hearing a unit's performance one may just take another's word on it... .

HOWEVER, the only input I have ever received about the criticism of Mac speakers is like what Stanwal and Hifitime wrote above.

Can anyone describe in audio terminology what they believe the Mac speakers (in general) are lacking? I have read some of what Roger Russel wrote about the development of the "early-on" Macs. I found it impressive. My ears tell me he was onto something.