anyone had a listen to the b w 803d's

Went to dealer in tucson,bad room,bad equipment driving them..
duc999
Lots of competition at that price point.

Take a look at Vandersteen, Von Schweikert, Verity, Focal, Revel, Eggleston, Piega, etc.

All are much better values at every B&W price point which is basically a dinosaur living off a reputation IMO.

I have no financial interest in any product mentioned.
There might be better values, but the 803D's are nice speakers. I liked them the few times I heard them. The 802D I thought was going to be incredible and really was just mediocre.
I agree 100% with S7horton. They are a good speaker and I have liked them every time I have heard them (even on cheap rotel stuff). But there are better deals out there.

To me B&W (I have owned a few) have a slight coloration in the upper mids. But that can also give them a very sweet lush sound. I feel the highs on the all the Ds are top notch and possibly of my favoritt of any brand.

There are some used Wilson Sophias on here for $6,000 which IMO would better the 803Ds.

As always uses your own ears.
The 803Ds are amazing speakers, but the 802Ds are better. Best to listen to them in your own room, if possible.
I have thought about the sophias,just worried my room is to small for them and im running a jefrowland M112,if it would have the power to drive them the way i want.