Dynaudio C1 with more impact

I've just auditioned a pair of Dynaudio C1 hooked up to a Cary SLI 80 and I really liked the speakers, and I was actually very surprised by the Cary since it's a pretty low watt amp which seems to go against the suggestions of many around here. I listened to mostly older rock (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Zeppelin) and I thought they were amazing for this kind of stuff. There was a lot of detail, and every instrument was very well separated. The only "issue" I ran into was when playing metal, which even that sounded really good. The only thing I wish it had was more "impact", for lack of a better word. All the music was there in front of me, and every instrument was clearly audible and while this is good for most times, there are times when I'd actually like to feel the music hit me, if that makes sense. I realize that they're pretty small speakers and the bass on them while extended and went pretty low, it was refined rather than having any impact.

Am I looking at the completely wrong speaker for this? Don't get me wrong I still liked them very much as they were, but I'm wondering if the issue that I'm seeing has to do with the power provided (is a high watt amp really needed for that sort of this, or is that simply for more volume?), room setup, or does it just need a sub in some instances.
jibbonacci
Thanks Xti16.

My dealer's pretty good and he will let me audition them home I just want to make sure I don't waste his time. I don't have an amp currently either and I was looking at getting the Cary from them as well. The amp was plenty loud to me. I had the volume half way in triode mode and it was lod enough, so that's why i want to make sure that increasing the watts doesn't just increase the volume since I don't need that. Next time I'll go by I'll try a higher power amp to see the difference.

The main I'm asking this now is because when spending this much money there's a whole lot of other speakers to choose from but I don't know which ones would match the C1 in clarity, definition and musicality.
The main I'm asking this now is because when spending this much money there's a whole lot of other speakers to choose from but I don't know which ones would match the C1 in clarity, definition and musicality.
Personally in that price range the only other speaker I heard that was somewhat close were the Sonus Faber Cremora auditors M. Notice I said somewhat close. A little too laid back and with less definition and clarity for me. The day I heard the C1's I stopped shopping. Never even listened to the Contour 1.4's or Special 25's. I did listen to the sapphires and as good as they are I prefer the C1's. Had the sapphires been priced at 8k I may have considered them. Better bass but a more forward mids.
I totally disagree..If your listening to heavy metal your barking up the wrong speaker tree..Forget the C1s,that speaker outclass what your listening to..Much better speakers out there for a lot lot less money to listen to "heavy metal"...Try an old set of JBLs!!!
Toetapfactor: I don't listen to only heavy metal, that's just one of the genres I enjoy listening to, and granted I have quite a few albums. Like i said though I loved the C1s when listening to Pink Floyd and the likes, I was just sitting there enjoying the music and being amazed and the detail I was hearing. Also with heavy metal the drums and cymbals sounded awesome and since the guitar is a midrange instrument it sounded great through the speakers. I mainly wanted to see if there was something I could do to get more "impact" at the odd time I need some. I was thinking maybe a higher power amp would help (note I don't need it any louder), or maybe it's just the room.
"there was something I could do to get more "impact" at the odd time I need some"...Yea, different speakers!..Im a Dynuadio owner and its widely know that their strenght is not rock of any type..You may like the detail your hearing but your options are endless for speakers that out perform the C1s when it comes to rock and roll/heavy metal.Add a sub if ya like but as stated there are numerous speakers that will fit your bill better