Dynaudio C1 with more impact

I've just auditioned a pair of Dynaudio C1 hooked up to a Cary SLI 80 and I really liked the speakers, and I was actually very surprised by the Cary since it's a pretty low watt amp which seems to go against the suggestions of many around here. I listened to mostly older rock (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Zeppelin) and I thought they were amazing for this kind of stuff. There was a lot of detail, and every instrument was very well separated. The only "issue" I ran into was when playing metal, which even that sounded really good. The only thing I wish it had was more "impact", for lack of a better word. All the music was there in front of me, and every instrument was clearly audible and while this is good for most times, there are times when I'd actually like to feel the music hit me, if that makes sense. I realize that they're pretty small speakers and the bass on them while extended and went pretty low, it was refined rather than having any impact.

Am I looking at the completely wrong speaker for this? Don't get me wrong I still liked them very much as they were, but I'm wondering if the issue that I'm seeing has to do with the power provided (is a high watt amp really needed for that sort of this, or is that simply for more volume?), room setup, or does it just need a sub in some instances.
jibbonacci
You cant have Slam (Impact) at low levels. (Just my interpretation of SLAM)

You can have clear acurate reproduction of frequencies. But for Slam you do need to turn up the volume. This doesnt mean you need to be at 110db.

So now the question is to you, what do you consider Slam/impact.

I consider it when you can feel the Kick drum or the snare snap,the electric guiter is on fire and stands out when a guy goes solo...
I get "slam" at very low levels with my 4" single driver speaker. Run full-range with no x-over, it is essentially an active speaker. Realizing that "slam" at 55dB listening levels is a relative term. I feel the thump on an emotional level, obviously not so much on a physical level.
I consider slam exactly how Fix1bxn described it, and it does make sense that volume is needed for that. So I think first I'll try a higher power amp and a bit more volume and see how that is.

The "slam" that Cdc mentioned I totally get from the C1s, on an emotional level they worked really well for me with any type of music which is why I liked them so much.
FWIW, speaker mounting can make a dramatic difference. I found loading the stands (Dynaudio Stand 2) with sand had a noticeable positive improvement on the over all sound, with my Special 25's. The type of coupling used under the speaker (to the stand) can also have a large impact. I went from 3 cones under each to Herbie’s little dots which also had a profound effect. (Herbie’s little dot seamed to add that bass slam you are referring to.)