ProAc vs Totem vs Usher, please comment

Okay guys, I've narrowed it down to these speakers and would prefer to stick to these choices. I would appreciate if you can comment on any of these speakers, if you've heard them. Please keep the value/price in mind as well, I will be buying used from Audiogon.

ProAc Response 1.5 - $1100
Usher X-719 - $800
Totem Forest - $1800

Side note: I'll be doing an in-home demo on is the Fritz Carbon 7. I doubt many have had experiences with Fritz speakers, but he is an excellent person to talk to and builds very quality speakers. Nice enough to bring them to my home for a demo.

I would like to purchase one (or two) of the three speakers above to A/B against the Fritz Carbon 7's. I've checked out local dealers but none of them would let me take their speakers home to demo. This is why I'm turning to Audiogon for advice, since there are many many knowledgeable people here.

Just some background, my amp is a McIntosh 7100 (100wpc SS) and my room is 11x15. My previous speakers were the B&W Nautilus 805's and I thought the metal tweeter was fatiguing after extended listening periods. Also, the B&W's excel at vocals and jazz, but not at faster/bassier music. I'd like something that's great all around, even for movies.
mrkoven
I havent heard the others but I have the Forests (now for over a year). in a 19x 14 x 8.5 foot room driven by a Pass X250. They do great bass and play incredibly loud, they move air, and they image extraordinarily well for floorstanders. Prior to the Pass I ran them with a mosfet 100 wpc amp very nicely, they will match very well, I think, to your Mac amp in that slightly smaller space. At low levels they are very defining too. Definitely worth a try, they will resell easily in the used market at your $$$$ if they're not for you. My 2 c..
I have had a pair of Proac Response 2.5 for about 10 years now and could not be happier. These speakers replaced a pair of Thiel 2.3 which I could not listen to. Way to harsh no matter what I tried.

My Proac 2.5 is the first speaker that made me stop listening to anything else. They are just pure wonderful music and can listen for hours on end..........

Louis
ryder - every B&W speaker i have listened to (except the cdmt with classe equipment) sounded bright/thin compared to other top brands including totems. I have heard that is why B&W partnered up with classe to take some of that zing away. i use all classe equipment in my audio room and it is a warmer sound. i have paired up the totems with equipment like classe, mcintosh, and even odyssey monoblocks with good results. iMO, i would take totem over any b&w for long term listening sessions without fatigue. i am also familiar with the ushers since i have been using them for a couple months now instead of the mani's in my audio room. i went to a larger floorstand usher in my large room. if you are going to spend up to $1800, you need to check out the cp series usher's. the only problem with users is their weight and the cost of shipping. an user cp series floor stand speaker will weight anywhere from 100lbs up to 250lbs each compared to totem at 30 some pounds for each mani. also, you will need good stands for a bookshelf type of speaker. good 1's cost $450 on up.
Rbstehno, when I had the N805 I was driving those speakers with the Plinius SA100MkIII. I thought the speakers sounded warm and lacked high-frequency extension. I was craving for a more revealing treble. On the other hand, the Totem Model 1 sounded forward and bright in comparison with high listening fatigue. With this forward character the Model 1 is excellent for dynamic punchy music and rock material but isn't quite ideal for long periods of listening session. Both were in the same room but not auditioned at the same time.

I hope your comments made above were not on the Model 1 but other models in the Totem line of speakers.
alright guys... long story short i bought the response 1.5's and usher x-719's.. in the meantime, i have the fritz carbon 7's, totem forests, and joseph audio rm7si's in my room

time to do some listening!

here's a quick snapshot if anyone cares

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4270/josephtotemfritz2.jpg