Wilson Sasha's - All evolution in Wilsons are.....

Very much like a revolution in long runs. I heard them in several places and highly tweeked rooms. SUPERB!!!!
I am a pround owner of the Sophia's Mk2 and I still envy the Sasha's very much every single time.

A true step up for Wilson, much more forgiving than the Puppy 8's. Now it pretty much works with every credible amplifier out there. Great looks, Wilson built quality as usual without question and stunning sound. Setup and everything else is the same, a real pain in the A** to get them right :)

"A" Plus for Wilson.
rapogee
The Sasha is a winner IMO. I have had my pair for several months now. I posted last year that the difference in the Sasha vs W/P8 was huge and others poked fun of me . It now seems that others are hearing the same now. As I have stated the Sasha sounds more like a mini Maxx 3 than an upgraded W/P 8.
I was not a big wilson fan to date...i think they are very dynamic but not very cohesive (particularly surprised by the Alex Series 2 and wasn't a huge WP 8 fan)...I went to a session with Dave Wilson to hear the Sasha's in NYC last December and must say i was pleasantly surprised. Still dynamic, but much more coherent than the WP8. i agree they have a winner here and the price is trending in the right direction (down). (Note: was played with spectral front end)
I am driving my Sophias with Canary tube monoblocks. The sound is effortless and dynamic. This is a great match.

Madfloyd, I had the same concern about the upper mids. However, I found out that Wilson's comment about sitting 1.1 - 1.25 x the distance between the tweeters is NOT just a suggestion. Sitting farther away than this gives the mids a steely, sharp edge. Get in closer as recommended and you are rewarded with a natural, cohesive sound that is organic and detailed all at once.

As has been mentioned before, I found out first hand how setting up a Wilson speaker is a pain in the a$$. Which begs the question of how many times detractors have heard them set up improperly? They can go from uninvolving and/or annoying to world class in a matter of inches.

Shakey
Got my Sashas last week ... still haven't got a chance to listen to them, since I sold my speaker cables and now I'm waiting for a new set, LOL.

My amps are Nagra VPA, Pass XA-30.5 and Dartzeel. I also still have the Sophia II speakers, so will be able to do a head to head comparo (instead of relying on aural memory, whcuh can be deceptive).

Stay tuned.
Well I just got a pair of Krell EVO400 mono amps and they work very well together with the Sasha. Now it is a matter of preference which amps are better, the XA100.5 or the EVO400. At this moment I slightly prefer the EVO400 which is a lot better than the stereo version. Still need more listening but the Krell power amps are more dynamical and have better imaging. The vioce of Diana Krall still sounds better on the Pass. Will need more listening.

Peter