Paradigm Studio 60 v5 somewhat boomy

I find the bass slightly boomy, and not well controlled at times. otherwise is quite good

is there anything I can do to cure the boominess a little?
youngatheart
Were these new when you boughþ them? If so, the break in process may be a factor. Based on what I've heard from others, expect about 100 to 200 hours of use to be needed for break in.
Eight inches??? You really need to get them out a bit further from the wall. I had the Studio 60 v2 a while ago. They were very good in the larger living room. But when I moved my system into a smaller dedicated room they overwhelmed the room.
As I recall, your Onkyo has tone controls, right? Turn down the bass a notch and perhaps turn up the treble a notch as well. I would try to move them further out into the room, but I realize that optimum placement is not always possible. That Onkyo is a damn nice little amp for the money, BTW.
"They were very good in the larger living room. But when I moved my system into a smaller dedicated room they overwhelmed the room."

Bingo!

I love them they're fantastic speakers, but too much for my living room. I called the dealer today and he agreed to exchange them.

I'm gonna order the Signature S1 v6 YAY!

I think I did the sensible thing :)
Yep, boominess can be readily attributed to your walls and room. Try placing them further away from the walls both side and rear. Also, maybe if you have a finished basement, in my experience this is your best listening room due to the cement walls. I have the same 30k audio system and have used it in 3 different homes, each has had its issues with boominess, except for the finished basement with cement walls.