Most Musical Subwoofers?

I was wondering if any one had used/heard the Legacy Audio Extreme HD? Anyone compared these to JL Audio F-113 or F-112s? I'm considering adding subs to my system as my room has a suckout at about 40 hz that I'd like to fix.
Thanks in advance for any info/experience you might have. I'd be glad to discuss/talk over the phone as well. Send me your phone #.
Good listening,
Steve
128x128sgr
Sgr,

The 113s have a little greater clean output capablity in the very lowest registers (and/or, in HT use, ultimate infrasonsic extention for effects). If you use 2 subs (always recommended), the 112s should be indistinguishable (on music) from the 113s unless:

A) Your room is huge

and/or

B) You want those old dental fillings to fall out

Good Luck

Marty
I have found REL subs integrate incredibly well with main speakers for music. It simply sounds like the main speakers got way better.
Art
Lots of great recommendations. I'll just add this one...

http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/paradigm_sub2.htm

Seems like they could potentially match the excellent JL Audio units at a big discount. If this one's out of your price range I think there's a smaller sibling that might also be worth checking out. Best of luck.
The difference between high quality subwoofer systems pales in comparision to what the room does to their outputs. In the bass region, the elephant in the room IS the room.

Some have advocated using two subs, and I would join with them. Preferably, position them asymmetricaly. This way each will produce a significantly different room-interaction peak-and-dip pattern at any given listening position, and the sum of these two dissimilar peak-and-dip patterns will be audibly smoother than either one alone. This may seem counter-intuitive, but I can explain the acoustics and psychoacoustics behind it if anyone would like.

Duke
dealer/manufacturer