Would center channel benefit audio only room?

I want sound that will fill my listening room from top to bottom, without replacing existing speakers.
orpheus10
Orpheus10, compare this post to your post. Pay particular attention to the info the poster provides. He even included a picture of his room. Then pay attention to the quality of the responses he got. Everyone here actually wants to help, but you are being really stingy with info. It's been my observation that the more and better quality info you provide, the better the quantity and quality of the advice.

That said, soundstage height is an issue I know very little about, so it's probable that I won't be able to help you. However, I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people than I on the subject who would gladly assist you.
onhwy61, the fireplace is the only thing that will explain my soundstage. It is at a proper height on both sides of the fireplace which is in the middle. Since all things are relative, I can lay on the floor and listen, that way my soundstage will be up high.
I have a fireplace in the middle of my front wall with the speakers on either side. The fireplace has no effect on my perception of the size or proportion of the stereo image, which is life size.
Orpheus10, Just start a fire in the fire place. The rising heat waves will taking the sound waves with them and you will thusly have great soundstage height. And you will have a pretty fire to watch and not think about that hole in the wall so much. :-)
Orpheus10, at what decibel level do you listen, and how far from the speakers do you sit?