soft dome speakers

i'm in the market for some bookshelf speakers that cost under $1200pr new. after hearing some different brands i noticed that my ears seem to prefer soft dome tweeters vs. metal and horns. i liked a set of ushers that were out of my price range and the totem mites. what other companies have bookshelves with soft tweeters??? any recommendations
rayray8
I have a pair of QUAD 22L2 (not bookshelf though) and love them considering a cost of $950 shipped. Not harse, yet detailed, and good bottom end for a speaker on this size. I do have Velodyne sub set at the lowest cut over possible but find myself turning off at times since the QUADs perform so well. I'm sure there are other brands just as good or better but I can only speak to the QUADs. The only issue I've experience is that the spike threads are not in tolerance to the spike inserts held in the base. Too tight. Good hunting.
I've become convinced that it is impossible to pre-judge the sound of speakers based on the materials of the drivers. I've heard soft domes that "sound" like metal domes and metal domes that "sound" like soft domes. Keep an open mind
I have Usher X719 and love them. I see a used pair on A-gon for $600-thats a good deal.
thanks for the suggestions, i did see those ushers today but i never heard that one. i am driving 4 hours away tomorrow to check out a few shops since we dont have much around here. i will be checking out dynaudio, sonus faber, monitor audio and hopefully a few others. i have to hear those quads also if i can find a dealer out that way.
In general terms, soft dome tweeters are easier on the ears are can be used with a wider variety of amps. For example the Sonus Faber Concertinos and now the Silverline Minuets that I own, both have soft dome tweeters and I find that both can sound good with solid state. However speakers such as B&W and a pair of VMPS 626R that I owned really needed tubes or a digital amp to sound smooth.