Vandersteen Treo vs 3A Sig as upgrade

I had my local dealer hook up a pair of Treos to demo them and left with a very mixed impression. I like the overall sound. They have a smoother, more refined and sophisticated midrange that the 3A Sigs can't match. I want that. But the bass was less defined and the top end was bright. The sibilance was very exaggerated - this was with CD. Is this the character of the Treo? Thanks!
wlutke
Shakey, I promise you that you can't make me touchy. May come off that way, but I was laughing when I hit send ;). I really messed up my post as it was supposed to be taken in the totally opposite vein. Sorry bout that.
Wlutke
Sorry to reply so late on this been trying to read thru it all but been rather busy.
There was a gentleman on AudioCircle that actually had a pair of the Treo's 2Wq's combo. He posted his impressions for awhile then wound up selling the Treo's and went back to his original pair of 2Ce Signatures. I will look for the post and post his impressions here, might be the weekend before I can get to it though.
His thoughts made me start thinking I would need to listen to Vandersteen's newer offerings before letting my 3A Sig go.
Anyway just thought I add to the confusion (lol).

I'm currently in Japan for a few weeks but I saw this thread still going so I thought I'd share.
Vandersteen will tell you that set up correctly the Treos with the pair subs will get you very very close to the Quatros and allow you to put the Treos in the proper place,met for your room. Very flexible system. That's from the company. Your dealer can help you set it up and dial it in correctly. It's pretty easy
Here we go found it this morning while reading.

"The Treo works fine with a pair of Vandersteen subs. I used them that way for almost a year until I sold the Treos the first of the month. With all five of the amps I tried it with it needed to be run with one value lower than the input impedance of the amp.

To GreenGrass if you really like the sound profile of the older Vandersteens you really need to listen to the Treo before just plunking down now almost $7000 for them. They to me are much different than the "classic" Vandersteen sound of the 1,2, and 3's. I kept my 2CE Sigs boxed up the whole time I had the Treo and in the end prefered them. I have owned three different Vandersteens over the course of the last 15 years. If you like the "classic" Vandersteen sound you might want to look at the Odyssey Lorelei or the Nola Contender and pocket the significant difference. Or buy a used pair of 2CE or 3A Sigs. There are always ones on either A'gon or USaudiomart. Just my opinion and others may differ."

I thought I post the whole reply.
I guess this just goes to show speakers are like coffee, do you prefer dark or light roast, single origin or blend, store bought or home roasted so many chooses and we haven't even gotten to the point of whether you take something in your coffee.
Speaking of which I need to go get me a cup, it should be done brewing by now.