I want to use the Tidal music service but my dac

only has a coax input...no USB. I don't want to spend additional money on a USB to coax converter like the Offramp etc...

Is the coax output on the Auralic Aries as good as the USB? I assume the Aries is a great option? Any better options for Tidal music? Looking for great sound quality and ease of use. Like to use my iPad as the remote controller. I see another product from Aurender, but it does not seem to have a coax out? Not well versed on this particular subject as I still spin CDs and really have no interest in ripping my collection, downloads etc... Just interested in Tidal at this point.
128x128grannyring
I need a less complicated, one box solution.
Grannyring, The Antipodes DX I am using is an outstanding sounding one-box solution that is extremely easy to operate. Once you start ripping your CD library by simply putting the disc in the slot at the front, you will shortly give up your CD player. Everything can be operated from your iPad or computer. The newer models have SPDIF outputs but USB is still their best sounding output. I would simply purchase the converter suggested above by Peter, or an off-ramp, to use with your Yamamoto DAC.

At a lower price point, I would look at their new upgraded DS model, which can be configured with up to 4TB of internal HDD storage, or can play from a NAS or external hard drive, or can stream from Tidal and others. Reviews of the previous DS model all say it beats the mini and my DX does for sure.Antipodes Home Page

The new Aurender N100 that streams or plays from a NAS also looks promising.
Thank you Mitch2 for the post. I bet the unit is awesome! I unfortunately cannot spend that kind of money and am looking at spending up to perhaps $2500 tops. I like $1000 - $1500 even more!

I won't rip CDs as I just don't want to go there at all. I really just want to listen to Tidal and I don't have a computer to use other than my iPad.

I do have a bunch of music already on an external hard drive back when I dove deeply into this sort of thing. I could play off it, but don't want to purchase downloads or rip anymore CDs in the future. It is just not for me.
Hi Grannyring
Maybe the Sim Audio Mind music streamer? I have not heard it. But I do like all the Sim Audio stuff I have heard.
Grannyring what DAC are you using? I'm sending the signal via coax from my Sonos Connect to a Yamamoto YDA-1 and through it Tidal sounds fantastic, to my ears at least. The Connect will run about $350 the there are certainly some upgrade options out there via company's like Wyred though I run mine stock at the moment.
Same dac as you! Yamamoto.....interesting and I will look into it. Thanks a bunch.