HEGEL - Is it really made in Norway ?

Not unlike Ayon, where it is just printed "Austria" and not "Made in Austria" (the usual and official terminology), are HEGEL products actually made and assembled in Norway or just "designed" in Norway and assembled somewhere in China?

I have tried getting a clear-cut answer from dealers with no success. Juste like for Ayon gear by the way.

Thanks if you can help.
soniqmike
If Hegel is made in China why not consider Audio-gd? Hegel should be proud to slap on a made in PRC sticker! Not so fast... then they would need to lower the price by 50% and try to convince us there not on the same assembly/parts line as Emotiva(lol).
"Would you buy a BMW if it was made in China?"
Logical Fallacy. My BMW M Coupe was make in South Carolina. Would you buy a BMW that was made in South Carolina?

This is starting to feel and sound like a racist thread. My Shanling CDP is a wonderful piece of equipment. It was made in China. I run Ruby tubes in my (American made) mono amps. The Ruby tubes are made in China.

So what's the point of this thread anyway?

I thought we were all primarily interested in music reproduction in our homes.
Sabai The dealer was at that time, four or five years back felt that Hegel was no more superior than the Consonance. In fact he stated that they shared many of the same parts in solid state designed units. Again I did no comparisons. Also he has a Hegel integrated amp at home that he never uses. I do not know the model . I am not implying that Hegel is not a quality brand or does not perform well. I would need to spend some time with their products to make my own evaluation.
"Would you buy a BMW if it was made in China?"
Logical Fallacy. My BMW M Coupe was make in South Carolina. Would you buy a BMW that was made in South Carolina?

This is starting to feel and sound like a racist thread. My Shanling CDP is a wonderful piece of equipment. It was made in China. I run Ruby tubes in my (American made) mono amps. The Ruby tubes are made in China.

So what's the point of this thread anyway?

I thought we were all primarily interested in music reproduction in our homes.
All foreign companies that has a factory in China usually use their own management team and parts. They are just saving on the labor so should not effect quality. Now if it's Chinese company producing in China, that's a different story. Most have different/lower standards.

I'm color blind so Chinese laborers are no inferior to Americans, Germans ... to me. They sure have no problems getting accepted to all the top colleges.

Either way, I'm hugely disappointed to hear of this and two very good friends of mine will be, too. They consciously chose Hegel products over similarly priced, known-to-be China-o-fi goods to support a company that was supposedly providing a living wage to their laborers. Scandinavian companies are not normally associated with this kind of exploitative, dirt-bag obfuscation and many people implicitly trust their integrity. Clearly that is a serious mistake to make with Hegel. We aren't talking about discount K-D furniture from Ikea, after all.
Not me. Private smart companies will move to more business friendly environments. A better question is why Europe is in a permanent recession and high unemployment except for Germany.

If Hegel is made in China why not consider Audio-gd? Hegel should be proud to slap on a made in PRC sticker! Not so fast... then they would need to lower the price by 50% and try to convince us there not on the same assembly/parts line as Emotiva(lol).
If produce in Norway, Hegel would need to increase the price BIG time to cover the additional cost to do business. Same for BMC if not produce in china but Germany. I'm happy savings are pass to me, the end consumer. LOL all the way to the bank!!!