Best cartridge match for my Phono Preamp

I have a Musical Surroundings Phonomena II+ and would like to know if anyone has suggestions on a great cartridge that matches well with the preamp. My turntable is a Music Hall MMF 5.1 with a Magic 3 cartridge (Ortofon). I also have a Grado Prestige Green, but I've not switched out this cartridge yet.
128x128pg62
Much like looking for speakers to match an amp, it feels like finding a cart to match a phono stage is doing it in the wrong order. Find a great cart (or speaker) that you love, and then match your amplification to that.
" ... finding a cart to match a phono stage is doing it in the wrong order. Find a great cart ... that you love, and then match your amplification to that."

I don't think that makes any sense because cartridges have a limited lifespan. If you choose the cartridge first, you're setting yourself up to want a new preamp every time you need to replace the cartridge. It's better to first select a versatile preamp that you expect to enjoy for years. A good preamp should outlast many, many phono cartidges.
Thanks everybody. I agree on the versatility of the Phonomena - it provides lots of choices. I do like the Ortofon, but wanted to see if anyone on the forum had an epiphany with a particluar cartridge using the Phonomena. My musical taste is varied, but heavy on rock and jazz. Since getting into hifi, the jazz tunes have taken precedent.