Verastarr amplifiers? Anyone ? Owners or Opinions

Hi guys I am looking for owners of or people that have heard of Verastarr amplifiers, particularly the ssa 64 but any will do.I have found very limited info out there and most was from people that seemed to have an interest in Verastarr. I am wondering how it sounds whats current worth or if anyone would even be interested because I see no sale history. Either their awesome amps and no one wants to get rid of them or no one ever buys them ? Whats the real deal here ?
joehernandez509
Hi Joe, Zephyr by far gives the best advice. One phone call and I could give you a history of that Amp along with our company history, which, by the way, does not include a "money laundering scheme" LOL. Sorry to disappoint the dramatic fantasy.
This amplifier was quoted by the Positive feedback Online Reviewer John Beavers as being the "best Solid State Amplifier I have ever heard". It was our attempt at crossing Home Theater with the High End, and we did it in spades. Problem was Verastarrs heart is in 2 channel, not Home Theater. So we probably made a dozen or so of these amps and they were gobbled up by a cult following, including professional recording studios which used them to tri amp a stereo setup. In fact we sold an iteration of this amplifier which was much more pro oriented to George Lucas for the new (at the time) Industrial Light and Magic installation in the Presidio location of S.F. He used 9 of them for one theater which was their in house screening room the size of a small public movie house. So, you are correct. The people that have them hold on to them like Gold. The people that buy them give us right of first refusal upon the desire to sell, so we have bought back roughly 5 of them and re sold. Do you have one of these Joe ??
As far as Hot Rod Audio, this is what was left of the start of our career. Verastarr started making cables and modifying gear, as well as selling other companies products. We became good enough at it and understood the design of components well enough to make our own designs that were already "hot rodded" from the factory. So we renamed the mod / dealer portion Hot Rod Audio, and relegated Verastarr to making only U.S.A handbuilt exotic Hi-Fi gear. Meanwhile Hot Rod Audio kept selling Chinese and Japanese made modded products. There was one transitional year in between where Verastarr commissioned the manufacture of Chinese tube amps, but we dropped it after 1 year in favor of sticking to our passion which was making exotic handbuilt hi-fi in the USA, rather than designing and selling "profit widgets" from China. Maybe not the best business idea, but its where our passion lies.
Now, we go to RMAF, AXPONA and CES every year and are associated with some of the best names in the industry. Some of our favorites being GRYPHON and MBL.
My relationships run deep in the industry, but we are a company that keeps ourselves low key. We meet dealers through word of mouth contacts. They all come to us, we do not go outbound. Most of our product is sold overseas where 2 channel is strong, and exclusive USA products are highly sought after.

Please feel free to email me: verastarr@gmail.com with any questions..

All the best !

Mike
Hi Mike thanks for the response. An opportunity came up for me to maybe buy one of these amps but it has not worked out so if you want to give me one Mike I'll take it๐Ÿ˜ƒ As you can tell my main concerns have been the lack of reviews and resale value and I guess now I know why there's not much info. Do you build the amps yourself Mike or do you have them built per your specs in a factory that builds other amps?
Hi Joe, I couldn't keep these amps in hand if I tried. I have a waiting list of people ready to buy used SSA amps. Lets just say nobody buys these for resale value. Chances are if you can find one used, you will be paying under $5K which is an amazing price considering these are $12K amps. I dont build anything Joe, I run the company and hatch our design concepts, then oversee the projects. This amplifier was built by my employees under my project management. This is not even close to a "rebadge" of another companies amp, and when I say an "iteration" of this amp was sold to Lucas, I mean I was the guy flying to ILM in SF. In other words, I'm not associating some other company that sold to Lucas that also makes our amp type connection. In fact we made amps for 3 other companies at that time. When I decided to steer the company away from Home Theater, the amp factory was sold by me, and all the IP from this amplifier was retained by Verastarr. We have in our possession the only remaining PCB's from this amp, as well as the only remaining special filter capacitors we made for it. I hope this helps to understand the history a little more.
Hi Joe, I couldn't keep these amps in hand if I tried. I have a waiting list of people ready to buy used SSA amps. Lets just say nobody buys these for resale value. Chances are if you can find one used, you will be paying under $5K which is an amazing price considering these are $12K amps. I dont build anything Joe, I run the company and hatch our design concepts, then oversee the projects. This amplifier was built by my employees under my project management. This is not even close to a "rebadge" of another companies amp, and when I say an "iteration" of this amp was sold to Lucas, I mean I was the guy flying to ILM in SF. In other words, I'm not associating some other company that sold to Lucas that also makes our amp type connection. In fact we made amps for 3 other companies at that time. When I decided to steer the company away from Home Theater, the amp factory was sold by me, and all the IP from this amplifier was retained by Verastarr. We have in our possession the only remaining PCB's from this amp, as well as the only remaining special filter capacitors we made for it. I hope this helps to understand the history a little more.
Thx for info. How much are you paying to buy back amps? And just because most people are probably wondering why would someone pay 12,000$ for an amp that you oversee production of ? What is your qualifications when it comes to amp building? Or what makes these amps particularly the ssa-64 so special? Why should someone buy one of these amps when there seems to be no resale value , for 12000$ they can get a well known brand . I am asking this because I would like to know not because I don't believe you that they're worth it. I would just like to know why?