New Tekton Pendragons On The Way

I am quite thrilled and also quite nervous in having ordered a pair of the Pendragon speakers this afternoon. I am doing this mostly on the reviews and also after receiving communication from Eric Alexander, owner of Tekton Designs.

Let me go back a little. I recently changed the tubes in my Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated from the KT120 to EL34 tubes. I have fallen in love with the EL34 sound and now my present speakers sound thin unless really cranked. I attribute that to it's 89db sensitivity whereas the Pendragons have a 95 db sensitivity. This should give me a much fuller sound at lower volume levels.

This is my secondary system in my home office and I play it 8 hours a day so it gets much more use than my reference system downstairs in our living room. Many of the reviews both pro and consumer say it's the speaker for someone who loves music. So now the wait begins to receive them. Supposedly they keep this in stock now in the basic black finish which is what I got. I would be thrilled if I got them by the end of this week but that is pretty unrealistic I guess.

If anyone has experience with these speakers, I would especially like to hear. If anyone reading this has any thoughts, kindly post them.
128x128stereo5
Tim,

Worth a try if you already have something. Can't hurt. My gut says that unless your floor is rock solid to start with, isolating the Tektons, which seem to use a good quality larger bass driver in a modest build cabinet at their price point, as best possible should only help. Just a gut feel based on similar experiences. Why not try under the Meadowlarks as well just to see/hear as an experiment?

I have yet to audition any Tekton speakers but they are high on my "hit" list to hear and remain on my short list of higher efficiency speakers for modest cost worth trying.

I would likely have moved on from my Triangle Titus monitors already towards that end if not for having discovered the Isoacoustic stands. A tube amp with those is not out of the question still someday.
Any chance we can back on topic? With that being said, the speakers shipped yesterday and should be here on Monday. There is a 60 day money back guarantee (less shipping) so this seems like a no-brainer to me.
Timrhu,
Your experience with the M-Lore s completely the opposite of my experience. My M-Lore's in my room is extremely holographic 3-D. Not that I needed to do this test, but I did. With the Sheffield test disc I get outstanding imaging and depth; real deep depth 15-20 feet back if it is in the recording. Despite the M-Lore only being 34" tall I get realistic height and the soundstage extends well beyond the speakers. In fact, I generally have a 14 foot wide stage in my 14x16 foot office. If in the recording such as Neil Young's "Greatest Hits" the rhythm guitar is 4-5 feet in front of my speakers to my left. Neil is set back several feet behind the speakers. Room, ancillary equipment. May not in actuality be the speakers.

Back on topic, I think you are going to love the Pendragon's provided your room has the space to accommodate them. Read, or watch Andrew Robinson's review on You-Tube of this speaker. I also own the Lore. You are in for a treat. Best, Rob
Apologies to Stereo5 for hijacking the thread. We did get a bit carried away.
" I think you are going to love the Pendragon's provided your room has the space to accommodate them."

My room is 40 by 50 as it is almost the entire second floor of my home.