Recommed a medium sized monitors that can go loud

I want to downsize my speakers from a floor stander (Acoustic Zen Adagios)to a "medium size" monitor or "MAYBE" a slim profile and light weight floor stander that can play loud, but also sound clean, transparent, and musical.

I have a Rogue integrated hybrid amp(100RMS) and a Ayre CX-7e mp CD player. So far, I have considered: KEF LS-50; Harbeth 30.1;.... Harbeth new SHL Super Plus( too expensive).... Monitor Audio Gold GX-100; Devore O/93 ( too expensive and possibly overrated) Scansonic MB-2.5; B&W's 804 or 805; KEF 300R; I can spend about $3000-3500 for used mint speakers, possibly a little more.

Please note: I saw two separate ads on Audiogon for KEF LS-50's that sold within a week; yet. I cannot believe that these speakers have any real bass or don't sound bright or lean..... Thank you.

sunnyjim
JMR OFFRANDE SUPREME V2 - THE PERFECT MONITOR?

http://www.amherstaudio.com/?page_id=42

4 Ohm ...92 DB EFFICIENCY
Thanks to all who have responded so far. However. I may have overstated or over emphasized the "loudness" factor. The reason is I play a lot of classic 60's rock, some jazz/rock fusion,some classical music, and big band. But not head banging crazy loud, but more importantly a speaker that is both transparent and musical.

I happened to notice the other day playing Elton John's track called "Hercules" an excellent piece of straight ahead "rock and roll", that the electric guitars jam got lost a bit in the mix and sounded a bit congested. I realize there are too many reasons to recount for that to happen. The issue is both smoothness and clarity. This may not be possible in many so-called high-end monitors Though, I happened to run across a review of the Raidho M-1 which claimed that its electrostatic(?)tweeter can unravel much of the high frequency mix on excellent CD recordings. Nice, but $14,000 plus is not my budget.

I am curious if any of the British monitors have a similar resolving power, like the new Harbeth SLH -5 Super Plus, or the previous 30.1 even though both use traditional dome tweeter. Lastly, I got to consider budget, speaker size, the anomalies of room acoustics, and my current electronics. Rogue is very good, but it is not PASS, AR or other top shelf electronics

A review I saw in "Soundstage(2012) of Monitor Audio's GX-100 praised it across the board, though also implied that it can sound bright. However, M.A. has a new series of speakers. The equivalent to the GX-100 is now called G-100 and supposedly improved. The Monitor Audio speakers I have heard over the last 10 years were very good, however, I get a bit suspicious when a big company like M.A. keeps pouring out new series every 2-3 years. This marketing plan always suggested to me a mid-fi strategy, and not necessarily an attempted to produce a high-end speakers, but I could be very wrong about that assumption. Cheers to all !!!!

See the current listing for Kef Ref One? Just bought a pair after selling my Triton Ones. I'll quote one reviewer: 'they play astoundingly loud.' This is indeed the case.