Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
Bach Johannes Passion, No. 7. Von dem Stricken meiner Sünden, and No. 9. Ich folge dir gleichfalls', Mahler, Sympony no. 2. IV. Urlicht,
Almost 5 years to this day, I posted on this thread and haven't looked again until tonight. At that time, I stated that "Sentimental Journey" was the song that was the most "achingly beautiful" to me at the time. Please look back at my post of 04/28/2001 for more information.

Tonight, it would have to be the end credits from the movie "Cast Away" by Alan Silvestri. It, too, reminds me of my father who was diagnosed with rapidly advancing Alzheimer's Disease during February 2006.

2006 has proved to be a difficult year so far. On February 15th, our son and only child was deployed with the USMC for the 2nd time to Iraq (and possibly other destinations before this deployment is over). One week later, on February 22nd, my father's physician confirmed what we feared: he was progressing rapidly with AD.

This particular piece of Mr. Silvestri's music has always made me shed a tear. The tears come easy tonight for a father who is not the same and a son who is very far away.

Dad and Lcpl R, I love you and miss you both. I am praying for each of you.
Mcrheist:

As a father and a son, my thoughts and prayers go to each of yours on their journey.

Mike.