Anyone Compared ARC Ref 75SE and 75 With KT150

Hi,

Appreciate any feedback if anyone compared 75SE and 75 with KT150s. I have purchased Ref 75 with KT150s and wondering if it makes sense to upgrade to SE.
veerapaneni
Here's another review:

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/audio-research-reference-75se-stereo-power-amplifier/?utm_campaign=Hi-Fi%2B+Weekly+Emails&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-421
Taters ...

Expensive? Yes. So are Mercedes Benz, fine cookware, Hickey Freeman suits, and beautiful women. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made. Me? I have fine cookware and ARC electronics. The rest, I couldn't care less about.

Happy listening.
I tried ref 75 with KT150 with my REF 250 with KT150. I did not like the sound of 75se with my high demanding Vandersteen 5a speakers..

I just got new GS150 and will be hooking up in couple of hours.
Veerapaneni ... your post is a bit cryptic.

Did you actually audition a broken-in Ref 75 SE? And you compared the Ref 75 (non SE w/KT150s) to the Ref 75 SE?? Not sure where the Ref 250 came into the picture.

Did you call Kal as I suggested to get his view on how the Ref 150 SE compares to the GS 150?

Your last post is not what I would have expected to read.

The circuitry in the GS 150 is very similar to the Ref 75 SE and Ref 150 SE. I am confused.

Frank ... you catchin' this??
I got an used REF 75 with KT150 tubes (not 75SE) which i compared with my REF 250 with KT150.

I also tried GS150 yesterday which sounds very good but i liked the sound of my 250s with KT150.

In both cases i liked my 250s . The only option for me to upgrade is to upgrade to 250SE now .