How important is the amp?

Over the last few year I have upgraded my phono amp (Sensor Prelude), Turntable (SAC Girati Grande) etc.

But I have never upgraded my integrated amp, a Symphonic Line La Musica. At what point do you upgrade your amplifier. I have been looking at a 2nd hand RG10 mk 4 reference or maybe a Kraftwerk.

When I fool around with cable and other items I can still hear improvements. As long as I can still hear changes in my system when I upgrade I think my amp is still fine or is that a wrong train of thought.
mordante

I believe if you like what you hear there's no reason for a change. A change you can hear and appreciate is going to cost a lot of money, be prepared.
An amps primary purpose is to properly drive a pair of speakers. So an amp is very important and must be up to this task. It should allow you to listen at whatever level your comfortable at with no worry of clipping or putting it into protection mode.

Since you do not list your speakers, we have no idea if you currently have the right amp for your system or could benefit from an upgrade. If its the wrong amp, then an upgrade becomes very important indeed.

My speakers are Dutch speaker. Very little is know about them. Dynamic Solution Master One.

I have no real info about my speakers, no clue how efficient they are or what the impedance is.

http://www.dynamic-solutions.nl/pdf/one.pdf

I'll contact the manufacturer to see if I can get more info.
Not familiar with the sound of your speakers but when I had the Dynaudio C1's I had a Bryston B100 and an Octave V70se. I could change tubes in the V70se to vary the sound from warm to very linear. The Octave although had less power it had more 'control' with the music and didn't sound as dry as the Bryston. With the Dyn's a warmer sounding tube sounded killer. Then I got Raidho's and a linear sound was much better for those.

That said it's all about total system synergy.