Best High End Audio Manufacturer???

Wow, what a loaded question!! Nevertheless... which company has earned the right to be called number one, king-of-the-hill, top dog, etc. Is this even a fair question? Probably not. Is this your chance to make your objective/subjective voice heard? Yes indeed. So if you had to boil it down to ONE HIGH END COMPANY that more than any other represents the paramount position, THE EPITOME OF THIS HOBBY, this is your time to cast your vote.
brauser
I must say that I cannot imagine making the effort to identify the best manufacturer presently. There may have once been such an exceptional company, such as Marantz, Dynaudio, or ARC. None exist now.

I cannot even endeavor to identify the best speaker company, much less the best speaker. I have had many 'good" speakers that greatly responded to improved cables, amps, line stages and sources. But all speakers are compromises. I can also say that I have heard amps that show the benefits of ic, speaker wires, and power cords changed.

I should say that I cannot even think of an American company that makes electronics, cables, speakers, much less cartridges, tone arms, etc.

I also can understand the issue of best buy for the money, but this is even a further stretch. Furthermore, I cannot understand anyone arguing that a certain percentage of your money should go to speakers, electronics, etc.
There are many exceptional companies these days, both large and small. Internet makes more accessible to more people. So its harder than ever to single any one out as the best.

Having been at this many years and having researched and experienced many in recent years as well, I can list the ones whose products I currently own and that are well established and I find myself still willing to go back to repeatedly.

Those are OHM , Bel Canto, Dynaudio, Audio Research, Triangle and Sennheiser. mhdt is another but a smaller lesser known more niche foreign vendor.

They are many others at all price points I have heard and think highly of and could easily recommend but do not own currently.
Mapman, I presently own: H-Cat X-10 amp and line stage; BMC M2 amps, MCCI phono stage, and Arcadia speakers; High Fidelity cables including power cords; Tripoint Troy Signature and Thor SE grounding cables, Star Sound Rhythm platforms and rack and Apprentice platforms; Nantais/Lenco Reference turntable with Ikeda arm and 9TT cartridge; Koda K-10 line stage; LSA Statement amp; Archiving Vinyl AMS music severer and mod. dac; and Zilplex room treatment cups.

We all go our separate ways. Certainly your and mine are quite different as I think we both knew long ago.
Beats me. That said, I have always thought that deep-pockets Yamaha could outdo anybody at anything if they wanted to .
For the non-rich among us right now their integrated amps could well be the least expensive route to a good sounding system .
Tbg, since no two systems ever seem to be exactly alike, even at a particular price point, its a safe bet to say that most people do (go their own way).

Its also safe to say that some vendors have a much larger and well established reputation (over time) of delivering quality products that sound good than others.

The "best" is a purely subjective term. Impossible to quantify, but people tend to know a good thing when they see (or hear) it.