Best High End Audio Manufacturer???

Wow, what a loaded question!! Nevertheless... which company has earned the right to be called number one, king-of-the-hill, top dog, etc. Is this even a fair question? Probably not. Is this your chance to make your objective/subjective voice heard? Yes indeed. So if you had to boil it down to ONE HIGH END COMPANY that more than any other represents the paramount position, THE EPITOME OF THIS HOBBY, this is your time to cast your vote.
brauser
Tbg, since no two systems ever seem to be exactly alike, even at a particular price point, its a safe bet to say that most people do (go their own way).

Its also safe to say that some vendors have a much larger and well established reputation (over time) of delivering quality products that sound good than others.

The "best" is a purely subjective term. Impossible to quantify, but people tend to know a good thing when they see (or hear) it.

Mapman, obviously I agree, but I have had too many experiences at show in which rooms that my friends and I thought were quite awful won "Best of Show," to really believe it is just what people think and vote.

I once waited to hear a demonstration of a well regarded set of speakers, while a top reviewer had the room to himself. As he left, he exclaimed that these big speakers were extraordinary. I went in and asked where he was sitting in the Venetian Towers. He was at the lower level and thus quite close to the speakers. I had to go to my only place in these awful room, namely at the railing on the upper level and leaning over the railing. They sounded much better there, but still not worth their cost.

I really don't think there is much agreement of what is good between people.
Its true that someone raving about a product, even declaring one best of show, is not a reliable measure.

Lots of people jumping on teh bandwagon over an extended period of time... a safer bet you might like it.

is Hershey's or Nestle's the best chocolate? Probably not, but frankly there are few other I have tried that prevent me from still really enjoying those.
Mapman pushing Ohm again.
Norm pushing any brand that gives him a good discount.
Isn't high end audio fun folks?
Andrew9405, I think I am only saying that people differ and that there is little benefit from discussions like this or even the concept of "a best audio manufacturer."

When I first got into high end audio, there were at most ten audio equipment providers with anything like a national distribution. There were more local speaker providers. My first really high end setup's manufacturers were: ARC amps and line stage; Infinity speakers; Linn turntable; Decca cartridge and tonearm, and Radio Shack cables.