Parasound A21 or Odyssey Stratus

Switching from Rogue tube integrated because it's too lean for me. I have Monitor Audio Silver 8 and I like to play it loud sometimes. Mainly with rock/hard rock. Considering the A21 but not sure it's worth the extra $1000 over the Odyssey. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!!!!
papostol
Get something with tone controls or a sub. It's not always audiophile approved, but you will be happier with the sound.
I'd like to throw a 3rd option into the mix, and that is the Merrill Audio Taranis. Just posted a review of it. Was considering a new power amp myself and the A21 was on that list. Went with the Class D Taranis. 100K input impedance and running it with a tube preamp. Very large amount of power. Does not sound lean. You can home audition the Taranis courtesy of Merrill. Audio Advisor will allow a 30 day trial of the Halo if you wanted to compare the two side by side. Personally, found the 60 pound weight of the A21 a little intimidating. Good luck in your decision.
Cannot speak to Parasound, but I highly commend Odyssey. I had a Stratos Dual Mono for a good many trouble free years, and loved it. (I'd not have said it ran to the lean.)

Odyssey kit is routinely available used, and Klaus is a good guy who cheerfully supports 2nd hand owners.

You could much farther and fare worse.

John
Whoa what did you end up going with I have the same speakers just running off of a marantz , and would like something bit betterĀ 

You may have made this decision, so if you have great! But if you have not I will give my thoughts.

I had an Odyssey system with a Stratos amp. I am one of a few who had issues with the gear. Low buzzing sound coming from the amp. Although Klauz is a nice fellow, I could not get the amp fixed with him. It took too much time. Ended up with a Parasound A21 and would not go back. A powerful and smooth amp which powers my speakers with ease and sounds glorious. It never seems to strain at all.