Shopping for speakers at $1500-$2000 is a chore.

I have been amazed at how many $1500-$2000 monitor speakers are out there. Just to name a few: the Wharfdale Jade 3's; KEF LS-50; KEF R-300; B&W CM-5S2 and CM-6S2; Focal Aria 906. and though NOT a monitor, Golden Ear Technology Model 7 small floorstander at $1500 a pair (which received raptured and orgasmic praise at CES 2013)

I have heard both KEF's , especially LS-50, but despite excellent sound staging and accuracy sound lean and at times lifeless The B&W were better, but the CM5S2 sounded lean and often edgy,However(the CM6S2 is very good to excellent, but also more expensive than the others)

The Wharfdale Jade 3 was the bane of one our members in a recent thread claiming they just did not sound right or what he expected.

However, the Choral Aria 906 monitor has often popped up in discussions, and as I mentioned to another member, they have received very good and solid reviews from generally reliable sources, However, the Focal 906, and the Golden Ear Technology model 7 are harder to find to audition.

So I would like to get some input from owners of either or possibly both speakers about which they preferred, and also the better sounding or most satisfying to listen to. I will greatly appreciate this feedback, as I seek out a dealer of either or both, but hopefully not in a city or state that requires air or train travel to reach.
sunnyjim
To ZD542, Yes, I am going monsoonal over this speaker quest , but there is still for Tsumanic (two of which occurred when I lived in Hawaii, and fortunately did little damage to Honolulu....the other Islands were not so lucky.) I have yet to go Earthquakic or Volcanic.... but give me time.

Telescope trade, I will at least check out the Aperion Verus Grands. I recall seeing a review in Stereophile a few years ago or less

Freedriver, I will also check out Sonus Faber Toy towers.

P.S. Has anyone an opinion or comment about the new Reference 3A DeCapo BE monitors which now use beryllium tweeters, and gray Nextel finish that supposedly has some magical effect on the acoustics of the speaker. I have seen a few for sale on AG over the last year. The feedback and press attention on this version and its predecessor have been scanty. It can't just be another Canadian speaker, especially at $3595 retail (?)
Sunnyjim,

Contact Evolution audio and video in Agoura Hills. They are a Golden Ear dealer. Talk to John Guidi. He has been selling audio for 30 years. He is the nicest guy in this attitude driven business. He also knows his audio. Make sure you only talk to him. The other guys that work there are more video heads.
Fritz speakers are CA nased. The Carbon 7 is excellent, at around your price point

Fritz is also a very nice guy who will spend time working with you.

Highly recommended.
To Jdoris, I did consider the Fritz Carbon 7 but was not comfortable with their sales approach. I did not want a pair Carbon 7's planted in my living room unless I am enthusiastic to hear them, and not just to be convinced by their presence in the room. However, thank you for the recommendation

To Taters, I saw their listing on the GET website. However, many dealer in this area are selling at retail, and no matter if they even provide 10%, you still must pay the high California state sales tax of 8.5% I guess this is why many audiophiles shop on Audiogon. Thanks for heads up
Why were you not comfortable with Fritz's sales approach, SunnyJim?

I've spent multiple hours on the phone with Fritz, and hung out in his room at RMAF, and never felt a bit of pressure (I do not own his speakers).

Best,

John