Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
...and the new Jeff Rowland Daemon sounded absolutely STUNNING at the NY Show yesterday. Best of sound for me.
Hi Ctsooner, at which dealer you auditioned both Daemon and the Ayre integrated side by side?

Saluti, Guido
Hi CTSooner and Matt, thank you for the clarification. I had an inkling that the Rowland integrated in question might have been the Continuum S2.... For no other reason that Rowland Daemon is still a very rare breed.

Saluti, G.
Yea, sorry guys. I'm not familiar with Rowland like I used to be when they first started. I'd like to hear my Ayre vs it side by side in my system. I like a lot of gear to be honest. Not just Ayre, but until I find an integrated at the same price as my Ayre that is better, then I stay with what I have. Same with speakers. I love my Vandersteens and hope to get the Quatro's as soon as I sell my Treo's, but that doesn't mean that others don't make great speakers that I could be very happy with. Matt and I often share ideas of gear we hear off line. I'm not married to any specific product or manufacturer. Heck, because of THIS very thread I purchased an OSDE/SE and if you read my posts early in the thread, I said there was no way I'd get something that isn't sold via a dealer network etc...I'm very very pleased with my digital. All because of what Matt is doing and also listening to input from a few of you who's ears I trust (you can tell what folks like based on their posts.). Thanks for letting me play.