McCormack DNA-750 good?

Thoughts? where to find a review? Considered a top tier amplifier?
Any info is appreciated, there is not much in google land as far as reviews, or much of anything.
128x128arctikdeth
My understanding is that the DNA-750 is not a Steve McCormack design, but was designed by folks at C-J after Steve was no longer affiliated.
Google Jeffrey Behr over on AAsylum and you can see some great pictures showing how he upgraded his amps. He seemed to really like the results.
I know Steve has upgraded at least one pair and I see he has them listed on his SMc website as amps that he will upgrade.
As far as the sonic level that can be achieved, I have no idea.
However, his upgrades of vintage McCormack gear, DNA-0.5,1,2,125,225 and 500 are outstanding.
Maybe others can weigh in on how the 750s sound in their stock form.
Regarding reviews, just an observation that may have no bearing but, I believe reviewers often hear stuff before they decide to review it. It seems really good sounding products often receive a proportionally larger number of reviews.

These McCormack amps are very powerful, IMO you should use a great tube preamp with them to inject some "magic" into the signal. Use speakers that love power like Dynaudio or something comparable. 6moons audio did a review on the 750's I think.

Regards,

Matt

I owned them. Very good sound. No noise turn on or off. Beautiful stage. No SS hash. They were sold for 5k pair at the end, great bargain.