What's a contender to an Audio Reference 5 SE?

If you were considering an Audio Reference 5 SE to mate with a Plinius SA-Reference amp, what other preamps might you consider?
128x128timztunz
If AR would be a stunning brand and would be able to show all the parts what makes highend unique and impressive it would be a different story.

The people who own AR will not be happy abouth the things I said. I can understand that.

But what would you prefer to hear? The truth or the things you would like to hear.

A name or brand does not garantee you anyything. But the best sound and quality by research and shootouts does. This is how we work.

Foccusing on the best possible instead of a brand.
@melbguy1 You have an interesting perspective.  But I was never suggesting a $20k preamp.  I was asking for suggestions comparable to an ARC Ref 5SE which is $13k new.  So with the Plinius total investment would be in the $33k-$35k range for amp and preamp.  While I'm sure the Vitus SIA-025 integrated is a very good piece of gear, I'm not sure I would consider it at $27k and only 25 watts of Class A power compared to the other gear.

@stringreen I don't remember if it was here or not but someone did mention Ayre and I did look at them.  But in the end went with the Allnic.
Good luck with it, I heard great sounds in the Care Audio room at the NYC audio show in 2014 where they featured Allnic equipment. It was very impressive.
@lak Since your response was really the only one with real world experience with the same amp I took your advice and got a new Allnic L-3000 Mk II.  Even with only about 40 hours on it I am simply ecstatic.  Thanks again for the solid advice!