Best bourbon?

I noticed there are threads for scotch and vodka so we need one for bourbon too.
What do you think is the best bourbon? I can't pick just one but I think that buffalo trace and Elijah Craig are both very good, especially at ~$30 for a fifth.

Mark
mhedges
Larry - I shouldn't have called you on that as most every bourbon is make in KY - You are right! But is one of the stringent laws to define a bourbon whiskey.

Enjoy your bourbon and music! I just hope your not a KY Wildcat!

Jerry
Pops,
I am a Kentucky Wildcat fan--for half a century.
My dad, not really a sports fan per se, listening to Kentucky games on Armed Forces Network--as Kentucky had, even then a wide following of fans. (Rupp used to take the 'Cats into MSG for games and they quickly became fan faves).
One of my earliest, warmest memories was dad sitting in the kitchen in front of an old Emmerson Vacuum Tube radio, listening to UK play. 'Whatcha doin' Dad?'
'Come over here and listen to this game with me.'
Well, sitting with one's dad, listening to the 'Cats, or Cincinnati Reds, Yankees--just bein' with one's dad--does it get any better.
That was the 'first time' as my friend and author John Powers says...the 'last time' was December of 1976--at our family Christmas party. Never saw him again--alive.

Great memories--some of my best ever Jerry.

Good listening,

Larry
Larry - awesome story! I am a Vol - so we are rivals but SEC brothers!

Cheers
Pops,
I really, really liked Bruce Pearl...and think that what happened was a real shame...the SEC will miss his incredible talent as a coach.
Hope your new guy does great things...I really do.
Rivalry is fun...I'm a designer, but just posted a thread about Manufacturer's I Have Known, and featured Bobby Palkovic, one could call him a competitor... but more importantly he's a friend and incredible talent.

We can all coexist, support one another...

Thanks for the nice comment.

Good listening.
Larry
I just finished my first bottle of Maker’s 46 and find it much more complex, and flavorful than Maker’s Mark. If you are unimpressed with Maker’s Mark, and have little interest in Maker’s 46 because you’ve heard that it’s regular Maker’s Mark, given a little extra aging with some additional Oak staves (true), don’t let that deter you. It’s quite an improvement, IMO.

FYI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePKd69z9qOw