Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
02-23-10: Gawdbless
Carl's Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger, anything with 1520 calories and can potentially give one a heart attack, all for just 6 bucks, just has to be good.
I agree. Of the large fast food chain burgers, Carl's is the best by a long shot. Although, you have to add chili to see the full potential.

Also, the Double Western Burger is still the value buy. That brick stays in your stomach for hours.
In the Philadelphia area:
Barclay Prime
Black Sheep
The Bards
Copabanana
Good Dog Bar (try the one stuffed with blue cheese)
London Grill (on an English muffin, no less)
Rouge

Although it doesn't make this list, I like 5 Guys, but understand Unsound's criticism.

Of course, if you come here on a visit, skip the burgers, as you can get them in any city. Try the hoagies (subs to the rest of you), roast pork, roast beef, and cheesesteaks.
I've never gotten aboard the In-N-Out craze. Their burgers just don't stand out to me.

I was a big fan of Fatburger when they had hand made patties. When they switched to pre-made patties that were pressed too densely, the magic went away.

Crocodile Cafe in Burbank had an outstanding burger, but I believe they've been gone for many years.

So, I'm still searching for the great LA burger. I'll have to try Father's Office when I get to the west side.
A hamburger thread has more responses than most audio threads. What does that tell us?

Bongo:

"I'll scatter your ashes but who keeps your rig?"

Me:

It isn't worth much. I've downsized or sold almost everything I have except my 100K crap stucco box, my old Subaru and my 7K stereo. Two serious cancers in my life. One took my wife/life partner, much of our savings, and now I'm dealing with another. Sis has a bad cancer battle now too. All of us had decent health plan (we had Blue Cross PPO), but I guess the Republican's have their solution, "let people die if they do but don't raise the taxes of us rugged individualists who take care of ourselves very well without stinking federal interference thank you very much, and we'll keep stalling and stalling ("F" the nation) until we get one of our own in the WHITE house."
Tvad:

"I was a big fan of Fatburger when they had hand made patties. When they switched to pre-made patties that were pressed too densely, the magic went away."

Good point. Believe it or not crappy Wendy's used to have fresh formed patties that tasted like real backyard grilled burgers (still the same lousy buns though). I remember it well at one of their locations near the BIG CHICKEN in Marietta, GA back heyday of Bachman Turner Overdrive and Boston.
More to discover