Here is how we roll in Cali:

Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
Haven Gastropub in the City of Orange just opened and has an awesome one--juicy meat with St Angur cheese, roasted red peppers and wild argula. Very good and memorable.
I've yet to make it to Oinkster, but have heard nothing but good things about it. Kinda a haul from the end of the 110 fwy for a burger, though.
I'm in Newport Beach for work the next couple of days, and I can't get the guys I'm entertaining convinced we should drive to, even though I offered, to Santa Monica to Father's Office. So where should I take them, that's close to NB?

thx, SoCal-ians.
Macdad:

There are some incredible places in Newport. The Crow Bar in Corona Del Mar is a wonderful restaurant with world class bar food/American Comfort. It is on 2325 E. Coast Highway. Anjin is a combo Japanese/Korean steakhouse. 3033 Bristol in Costa Mesa; two blocks South of South Coast Plaza. You self-grill meat on small bbq's. Catalina Fish Kitchen on 670 W. 17th St in Costa mesa is hipster central. Great fresh fish. Daimon's Japanese on 16232 PCH in Huntington Beach has more eye candy per capita than any other restaurant.
More to discover