Here is how we roll in Cali:

Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
Tommy's Burger on Washington before the Venice Pier. It used to be open 25/7. I went there late night in the 80's with a girlfriend. We got two slobbered with chili after she showed the cooks her t-ts
06-25-10: Eddaytona
Tommy's Burger on Washington before the Venice Pier
Don't you mean the corner of Lincoln & Pico Blvds right next to San-Mo high school?

I hit that place once a month or so for a re-charge. By the time the change for your bill hits your hand, the burger is ready. Tommy's is still my all-time favorite fast burger w/ Fatburger pulling up a close second. The late, great, Mo Better Meatty Meat Burgers on Pico & Fairfax was another of the classics.
...and Carney's burger is like an Original Tommy's burger without the Ptomaine poisoning (which definitely adds flavor...).
There used to be a place on Santa Monica and Myra called Jay's A-Dog that made the best Tommy's rip-off burger in town.
IMHO the Fatburger on Western near Adams that burned in the riot was the only location that could hold a candle to Meaty Meat Burgers.
06-25-10: Azaud
...and Carney's burger is like an Original Tommy's burger without the Ptomaine poisoning (which definitely adds flavor...).
I haven't had Carney's in 15 years, and I live 5 miles from one. Definitely have to give it another try.
I never could get with the Carney's dogs even though many consider them to be one of the best. The dog, itself is lack-luster and too skinny. And their chili is just not my style. Pink's, on the other hand, is still a classic.

A couple of years ago, a new joint called Mosher's in Long Beach had what I consider the best true Chicago dog in SoCal. Unfortunately, the chain raised their prices significantly and started cutting corners. Their Chicago Dog is now only so-so and too expensive for what you get.
More to discover