Here is how we roll in Cali:

Father's Office, Los Angeles
Hodad's, San Diego
In-N-Out, Baldwin Park
TK Burger, Costa Mesa
Jalama Beach Grill, Santa Barbara

How do you roll?
bongofury
Bongo, what's that Sushi place in the same shopping area as Javier's in Newport? I ate there last time I was there, and it was excellent.

Also, I work with a bunch of dudes from Japan and they brought me to this absolutely AWESOME Korean/Japanese BBQ place right off of PCH and I can't remember the name, and I was trying to send my boss there tomorrow.

Lupe's is good, but Goode Co Taqueria (same folks that own Goode Co BBQ and Goode Co Seafood) has the best TexMex in Houston. If I have one meal left, it would be Chicken Enchiladas with Queso Fresco from Goode Co Taqueria.
Sounds good; but I'll take the Agujas or the quail at Pappasitas if I'm stuck in Houston for my last meal...
Mac Dad.

Abe's Blue Fin is the sushi place next to Javier's.

Anjin is the best Korean BBQ in the OC.

I like Ikko for sushi.

The Crow Bar in Corona Del Mar is consistently great as well for gastropub faire.

My death-bed meal: beef enchiladas smothered in guacamole from Maria's in Glendora.
Azaud

There are four really good Mexican restaurants in Highland Park. I can highly recommend Antojitos Chilangos, El Huarache, Le Abeja and Metro Balderas.

Here on Orange County, I can recommend Carnitas Los Reyes,, Taco Mesa (calamari!), Tacos Jaliscq, Taqueria El Granjenal, Taqueria Mexico, Taqueria Morelos and Tom's Tacos.
Bongo,

Let's not leave Eva's Jamaican off that Laguna list. Their jerk chicken used to be amazing(haven't been in years). Also, that calaloo soup.

What's your thoughts on Mozambique? I really liked their chicken livers peri-peri. Actually, anything with the peri-peri sauce is good for me. And the curry was nice.
More to discover