Stealth Varidig Sextet Break In Period?

Category: Cables

How long does it normally take a Stealth Varidig Sextet to break in if I'm running the CD on repeat mode 24 hours a day?
krell_man
Dev,
Thanks for your response. No, I wasn't taking anything personally. Obviously, we have had differences with our Sextet break-in experience. I can't offer any explanation for this but I truly believe that both our opinions are valid. As I said, we are probably experiencing uncountable variables.

Regardless of our break-in experience though I think we can agree that the Sextet is an excellent digital cable. So far, the best I've had in my system.

Hopefully I'll receive the VD Revelation Signature some time next week from Virtual Dynamics. Comparing the two will be interesting if nothing else. I requested that they cook the cable for as long as possible and Rick e-mailed me to say that the cable was indeed on the cooker. From my experience the VD cables take a long, long time to do their thing so any help they can give in this regard is appreciated.

I'm using the cable as the data link between a Wadia 27i and 270SE both with GNSC Reference mods. The clock link is through an Aural Symphonics AT&T Optimism V2. I've experimented with quite a few connections with these units; RCA, BNC, XLR and AT&T and found I prefer the XLR balanced connection for the data link. At one time I had 2 AT&T glass cables which is Wadias recommendation but I just couldn't handle the sound.
Any update on this thread?

I am considering a Stealth Varidig Sextet. Anyone have final notes on the comparison with the VD cable.
Fiddler,
I sold the balanced Sextet and went with the balanced Virtual Dynamics Revelaion signature (1.5m). Depending on ones system I could see choosing either one of these cables. In my system the VD won out. I have never heard the VD Genesis, which I assume would beat the VD Rev. Sig. but I couldn't afford it anyway. I don't think you could go wrong with the Stealth.