Review: LessLoss LessLoss AC cord Power cord

Category: Cables

I am writing a review about a cable I discovered on Audiogon earlier this summer.

I wanted to try a new cable with my Equi=Tech 1.5Q. I was using a Nordost Vishnu with it and the rest of my AC cords in my system were also Nordost Vishnu with the exception of the Kimber Kable Palladian I was using on my hybrid amplifier.

There was an introductory offer of $250 for the LessLoss AC cord posted on Audiogon and I said why not give it a try. The thing that sold me was the Oyaide parts that LessLoss was using with the cable.

LOOK

The cable looks great and is well made. No issues with me.

LISTENING

I did not have any idea how this cable would be in my system. I won't go in detail on the music I played and here is the list to give you an idea. The music I used is the following:

Dave Matthews Band - Crash
Al DiMeola - Kiss my Axe
Antonio Forcione - Tears of Joy
Charlie Bryd - Blue bird
Ben Harper - Welcome to the Cruel World
Doug MacLeod - You can't take my blues
Ronnie Earl- Now my Soul
Diana Krall - Stepping Out
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue

Well, how do I start...? What a surprise when I first played something with the cable on the Equi=Tech. I was expecting a change (no always positive changes from past experience). But this was like listening to a new system.

This cable brought more dynamic, lower noise floor and details. And I was asking myself how could this be at this price?

The Nordost Valhalla gave me a good result but nothing like this LessLoss. And the Valhalla cost 10X (5X for the 550$ list price of the LessLoss) more than what I paid for the LessLoss.

It did listen to the cable in my system for a couple weeks and the result was always the same. You know, sometime a new product brings euphoria the first couple days to finally go way. But here, I am still amaze by the result.

How impress I was? Impress enough to sell all my cables and order 6 more LessLoss cord.

If someone plan to get an AC cord costing 500$ or more, maybe they should give a try to this cable. It works well in my system and I am looking forward to have a full LessLoss AC cord set up.

The only regret was not buying more cord when it was at 250$. Even at 550$, it is a great buy.

But again, any cable performance depends of the synergy it has with the electronics.

I will probably put another review with a full set of LessLoss.

PS I am not a professional writer and this is my second language.

Associated gear
Click to view my Virtual System

Similar products
Nordost Valhalla
Nordost Brahma
Nordost Vishnu
Kimber Kable Palladian PK-10
Gutwire Power Clef
Cardas Golden Reference
acadie
I now use the Lessloss power cords on all my components except one. I agree about the lower noise floor. That was the characteristic I noticed immediately.
I don't use it on the preamp, although it works well there too. I simply have five components and four Lessloss cords, so my lone Purist Dominus goes where it's most effective, which at this moment is on the preamp.